Amongst the Muslim architecture to be found here are the town walls and several gates, the remains of mosques such as the Minaret of San Sebastian and the Arab baths which is one of the best preserved examples of the hamman of al-Andalus. The House of the Giant is an opulent Nasrid Palace, perhaps the most impressive outside Granada.
After the Christian conquest, the city became transformed. The church of Santa María la Mayor was built on the site of the old aljama mosque by order of the Catholic monarchs. Only the archway to the mihrab remains. The Christian church has elements in various styles, since the work began in 1485 and after many vicissitudes was not completed until the end of the 17th Century.
Also noteworthy is the church of the Holy Spirit, a Gothic work with the appearance of a fortress.